The flat has completed, but the delayed paperwork has left me with a new budgeting question. This was my first new-build purchase in Sydney, and I had several offers declined before reaching this point.
I learned not to treat the agreed price as the full cash requirement, particularly where a property-tax payment also has to be funded. I also needed a clearer written timetable showing who was supplying each final document and when the lender needed it. The unsuccessful offers helped me refine my limit, although I now realise their terms may have mattered as much as their amounts. Which fee, deadline or document surprised you most on a first purchase?
I learned not to treat the agreed price as the full cash requirement, particularly where a property-tax payment also has to be funded. I also needed a clearer written timetable showing who was supplying each final document and when the lender needed it. The unsuccessful offers helped me refine my limit, although I now realise their terms may have mattered as much as their amounts. Which fee, deadline or document surprised you most on a first purchase?