readsAndPlan
First-time buyer
The biggest surprise came after my offer was accepted: completion was not the financial finish line. I still needed cash for insurance, moving, small repairs and charges that were difficult to estimate in advance.
I have now completed on the São Paulo studio, but the paperwork took longer than I had planned. What helped was assigning every outstanding task to a person and a date, because lender requirements, inspections and moving arrangements quickly became tangled when nobody was coordinating them.
The unsuccessful bids also sharpened my limits. By the time this one worked, I knew which compromises were acceptable and which would leave me regretting the purchase.
How did others coordinate that final stretch, and what repair reserve would you keep if doing it again?
I have now completed on the São Paulo studio, but the paperwork took longer than I had planned. What helped was assigning every outstanding task to a person and a date, because lender requirements, inspections and moving arrangements quickly became tangled when nobody was coordinating them.
The unsuccessful bids also sharpened my limits. By the time this one worked, I knew which compromises were acceptable and which would leave me regretting the purchase.
How did others coordinate that final stretch, and what repair reserve would you keep if doing it again?