First post from Paris

SmallGlass

Mortgage adviser
Hello from Paris. I’m a mortgage adviser, but I’m here as a learner: most of my property time currently goes into understanding condos, transaction costs, and the gap between advertised and completed prices.

I’d like to compare notes across markets rather than stay in a Paris bubble. For someone starting with France, would you read the local board first or begin with market data? I’m also interested in first-purchase questions and mortgage comparisons.
 
Welcome, Ines. I’d start on the local board because the first-purchase discussions will show which costs and legal steps people commonly overlook. Then use completed-price data to test claims made in listing discussions; advertised prices alone can give a distorted picture. Renovation and property-management threads may also explain why apparently similar condos are priced differently.
 
I’d reverse that order slightly. Forum discussions are useful, but without a consistent data frame it’s easy to give too much weight to one unusual transaction. First decide what you want to compare—neighbourhoods, property sizes, transaction dates, or financing costs—then read relevant threads for context.

Are you mainly studying purchases for owner-occupiers or investment modelling? That choice will change which discussions are most useful.
 
Back
Top