First post from Cape Town

way.easy

Real estate lawyer
Established
The Cape Town board seems like the sensible place to begin, although I’m unsure how quickly to widen the research beyond South Africa. I’m a real estate lawyer looking more closely at mixed-use property, transaction costs and how asking figures compare with actual sale results.

Would you start with local discussions and market data, then move into investment modelling and legal checklists once a deal type is defined? I’d rather build this in stages than mix first-purchase, management and financing issues into one broad comparison.
 
Welcome. I’d start with the local board and completed-price data, if contributors can point you to reliable coverage. Asking prices can be useful for tracking seller expectations, but they won’t answer your main question by themselves.

For mixed-use property, it may also help to say whether you’re studying investment modelling, management, renovation, or financing first. The most useful transaction-cost and legal-checklist discussions will depend on the deal structure and South African jurisdiction.
 
Back
Top