cedar.small
Property investor
If the rent or running costs are only slightly wrong, this purchase could produce very little cash flow for the risk. The property is a 5-bed coastal home in Edinburgh priced at £627,900, with projected rent of £2,515 a month and a gross yield of about 4.8%.
The building looks sound from what I have seen, but that does not settle the investment case. I have allowed for empty periods, management fees, ordinary upkeep and a larger repair, yet insurance, property-related charges or tenant turnover may be understated. Rental supply is another concern.
Which assumptions would you verify locally before relying on the £2,515 figure? I am particularly interested in the net cash position after management, tax and realistic turnover costs, rather than the headline yield alone.
The building looks sound from what I have seen, but that does not settle the investment case. I have allowed for empty periods, management fees, ordinary upkeep and a larger repair, yet insurance, property-related charges or tenant turnover may be understated. Rental supply is another concern.
Which assumptions would you verify locally before relying on the £2,515 figure? I am particularly interested in the net cash position after management, tax and realistic turnover costs, rather than the headline yield alone.