The price assumed that we would take the Dublin studio as-is. My concern is whether that prevents us from using the separate inspection clause if a serious utility, supply or service defect is discovered.
The seller says that even asking for further information or discussing a credit goes against the offer. I can see why a repair request might be resisted, but that seems different from preserving a right to withdraw. The exact clause may allow inspection only, renegotiation, withdrawal, or some combination of those.
What wording and expiry dates should I have my solicitor check, including any effect on the deposit? I can provide financing proof if the seller needs reassurance, but I do not want that to be treated as surrendering the contingency. I would also like to separate the Irish contractual position from the amount of risk we personally choose to accept.
The seller says that even asking for further information or discussing a credit goes against the offer. I can see why a repair request might be resisted, but that seems different from preserving a right to withdraw. The exact clause may allow inspection only, renegotiation, withdrawal, or some combination of those.
What wording and expiry dates should I have my solicitor check, including any effect on the deposit? I can provide financing proof if the seller needs reassurance, but I do not want that to be treated as surrendering the contingency. I would also like to separate the Irish contractual position from the amount of risk we personally choose to accept.