Dubai three-bed serviced apartments: is 86 days a reliable signal?

teaAndChalk

Property investor
I’m tracking three-bedroom serviced apartments in Dubai between AED 1,835,000 and AED 2,752,000. The listings still online suggest roughly 86 days to find a buyer, with most outliers apparently connected to building reserves.

I’m deciding whether 86 days is a useful guide or just an artefact of looking at unsold listings. Would recent completed sales, withdrawn properties and new-listing volume tell a materially different story?
 
The live listings alone cannot tell you the time needed to find a buyer, because every property in that group is, by definition, still available. Faster sales have already disappeared from your sample. Compare listing dates with completed deals, but also separate withdrawals so they are not accidentally treated as sales.
 
If you are using the 86-day figure to make an offer now, I would first narrow the sample. A quick answer from all Dubai serviced apartments sounds useful, but it could hide large differences between buildings and small differences in location.

I would also define what you mean by building reserves. If that refers to pending charges or weak building finances, it may affect both buyer financing and seller motivation. If it simply marks apartments needing work, condition should be tracked separately. Either way, three-bedroom units in good order should not be grouped with renovation cases just because their asking prices are similar.
 
I agree the current sample is biased, but I wouldn’t make completed sales the sole answer either. A wave of new listings can reduce the apparent average age without demand improving at all. Seller motivation and buyer financing also affect which properties complete, so compare several outcomes rather than searching for one number.
 
Price-cut timing may be the missing piece. Record the original asking price, current asking price, first reduction date and eventual outcome. An apartment sitting for 86 days at one price is not equivalent to one cut after two weeks and then left online for another two months.
 
Withdrawals need their own category, as Camila said. They might reflect a seller changing plans, moving the property elsewhere or simply not accepting the available offers; none automatically proves a sale or a lack of demand. I’d classify each property as completed, still listed or withdrawn, then compare condition and building within each group.
 
A workable next step is to form monthly listing cohorts within the same neighbourhood and price band. Follow each cohort through completion, withdrawal or continued marketing, while noting price cuts and condition. That should show whether 86 days is typical for this particular three-bed segment or mainly the result of older, less competitive listings remaining visible.
 
Back
Top