Dubai new-build flat: does AED 9,128 monthly rent justify AED 3,578,000?

green_garden

Property investor
I have checked the basic rent calculation, but the building-level costs and Dubai tax treatment remain unclear. This 3-bed new-build flat is priced at AED 3,578,000, with expected rent of AED 9,128 a month. AED 109,536 a year gives a gross yield of about 3.1% before deductions.

That margin looks weak after allowing for empty periods, management, upkeep and repair reserves. I do not want to insert a property-tax assumption borrowed from a different country, either. Which actual statement or schedule should I request to confirm the service charges and other owner-paid items? I also need evidence that AED 9,128 reflects comparable signed rents rather than an advertised figure before trusting the net cash flow.
 
At that price, the gross yield is already thin before anything goes wrong. I would focus first on the building’s service charges rather than using a generic maintenance percentage. Also verify what you mean by property tax instead of importing an assumption from another market. The actual service-charge figure, unit size and whether AED 9,128 is realistic for this exact building are essential.
 
Is AED 9,128 based on signed rents for comparable 3-bed units, an asking figure, or an agent estimate? That distinction could matter more than fine-tuning the repair reserve. I’d also want to know whether the flat is handed over ready to lease, whether furnishing is expected, and how many vacant weeks your model currently allows.
 
I disagree slightly with concentrating on a target net yield first. A required yield depends on financing and the reason for buying. If this is leveraged, test the cash flow at a higher borrowing cost and after a vacant period; if it is cash-funded, compare the resulting income with less operationally demanding alternatives.

Either way, 3.1% gross leaves little room for management, insurance, service charges and turnover.
 
Build three versions rather than one “conservative” case: full rent with normal costs, one tenant change plus vacancy, and a bad year with lower rent and the larger repair. Keep service charges separate from the repair reserve so they are not accidentally blended. Then ask the agent or seller for the building-specific recurring charges and evidence supporting the rent.
 
Yes, and I’d calculate the break-even rent as well. Start with the net income you would actually accept, add every recurring cost and vacancy allowance, then work backward to the monthly rent required. If that number is materially above AED 9,128, the issue is not a missing spreadsheet line—the purchase price and achievable rent simply do not provide enough margin.
 
Back
Top