Dubai homeowner comparing studio asking prices with completed sales

anika_snow

Homeowner
Hello from Dubai. I’m a homeowner trying to understand the studio market, particularly transaction costs and the gap between advertised prices and completed sales. I’d like to compare notes across countries rather than stay in a Dubai-only bubble. For someone starting with the United Arab Emirates, which local-board discussions or market data would you read first?
 
A poor comparison can make a fairly priced studio look expensive or cheap for the wrong reasons. I would actually leave the cross-country material until later and first find local-board discussions based on recorded sales rather than advertisements.

It would also help to define the decision behind the research. Checking another purchase, estimating rental returns and monitoring a home you already own each require different costs and assumptions. Once that is clear, the mortgage, transaction and legal checks can be kept specific to the relevant country.
 
I’d be cautious about comparing headline prices across markets before building a simple like-for-like model. Include purchase costs, mortgage assumptions if relevant, property management, likely renovation, and eventual selling costs. Then use completed prices wherever available and treat advertised prices as seller expectations, not evidence of value. Legal and transaction-cost checklists also need to remain country-specific.
 
Back
Top