The argument for proceeding is that I would still have about AED 69,730 after the deposit and estimated completion costs. I am hesitant because that cash could disappear quickly once a 4-bed coastal home needs furnishing and its first few bills arrive.
The price is around AED 1,505,000. I still need room for moving, service charges, the first mortgage payment, any insurance excess and work identified by the inspection. My compromise would be to furnish only the rooms needed immediately and leave the rest untouched. How much of the remaining cash should be kept entirely separate as a household emergency fund before allocating anything to repairs or furniture?
The price is around AED 1,505,000. I still need room for moving, service charges, the first mortgage payment, any insurance excess and work identified by the inspection. My compromise would be to furnish only the rooms needed immediately and leave the rest untouched. How much of the remaining cash should be kept entirely separate as a household emergency fund before allocating anything to repairs or furniture?