Dubai 4-bed townhouse at AED 3.927m: does the rental yield hold up?

green_garden

Property investor
I’m assessing a 4-bed Dubai townhouse priced at AED 3,927,000. Expected rent is AED 28,430/month, giving a headline gross yield of roughly 8.7%. The building appears sound, and my model already allows for vacancy, management, routine maintenance and a larger repair reserve. I’m less certain about local recurring charges, insurance and the relevance of property tax. Which cost am I most likely understating, and what net yield would justify the risk?
 
The gross calculation works: AED 28,430 multiplied by 12 is AED 341,160, or about 8.7% of the price. I’d focus first on community or service charges rather than relying on a generic property-tax assumption. Find out exactly what applies to this townhouse and who bears each cost. Also verify whether AED 28,430 is supported by achievable rents rather than an advertised asking figure.
 
One more missing fact: is this a cash purchase or financed? Borrowing costs can turn an acceptable property-level return into weak cash flow. I’d also model a tenant change, including a vacant period, management or leasing expense, and maintenance before the next occupancy.
 
I wouldn’t choose a target net yield until the rent and recurring charges are pinned down. An 8.7% headline figure can still be attractive, but only if it survives realistic turnover and repairs. Ask for the current community-charge breakdown, an insurance quote, maintenance history and comparable rents for similar 4-bed townhouses. Then run cash, financed and lower-rent cases. If the deal only works at AED 28,430 every month with little downtime, the margin is too thin regardless of the headline yield.
 
Back
Top