I’m assessing a 1-bed detached home in Dubai at AED 3,542,000, with expected rent of AED 12,350 per month. That gives a headline gross yield near 4.2%, but only before financing and operating costs.
My conservative model uses eleven rented months, plus management, routine maintenance and a reserve for one larger repair. Eleven months produces AED 135,850 annually, or roughly 3.84% of the purchase price before those other deductions.
The structure appears sound, but I’m concerned the repair reserve or a Dubai-specific recurring cost is understated. What would you investigate first, and what net yield would justify the financing and tenant-turnover risk?
My conservative model uses eleven rented months, plus management, routine maintenance and a reserve for one larger repair. Eleven months produces AED 135,850 annually, or roughly 3.84% of the purchase price before those other deductions.
The structure appears sound, but I’m concerned the repair reserve or a Dubai-specific recurring cost is understated. What would you investigate first, and what net yield would justify the financing and tenant-turnover risk?