Domain for a Dubai duplex: useful history, unclear listing freshness

AdaHope

Homeowner
Established
I’m searching from Lyon for a duplex around Dubai and have been using Domain to compare options. Coverage has been useful, and sold-price history is the feature I value most. However, duplicate listings, stale status and inconsistent floor-area figures make comparisons harder than expected. I also can’t always see how fresh a listing is or what the next transaction step should be. How does the mobile experience hold up, particularly the filters and saved-search alerts, and what happens after contacting an advertiser?
 
The duplicates are the first thing I’d investigate. Are they identical adverts, or the same property entered by different advertisers with slightly different areas and map pins? That distinction matters because simple duplicate removal could also hide a listing with updated details. I’d group likely matches by photos, location, price and floor area before comparing them.
 
Map-pin accuracy could be the bigger mobile problem. A duplex may appear inside a preferred area while the description points somewhere nearby, which makes map-based shortlisting unreliable. I’d also test whether mobile filters persist after opening a listing and returning to results. If they reset, saved searches become much more important than ordinary browsing.
 
Good point about distinguishing true duplicates from competing versions of the same property. I haven’t treated the map pin as proof of location, but I could be more systematic. I’m going to keep Domain for discovery and price-history research, then record likely matches separately with the advertised area, pin, status and contact date. That should make conflicting versions easier to spot.
 
Sold-price history is only as useful as the property match. My concern is that a nearby record may look comparable on Domain while referring to a different duplex or even an uncertain map location.

The separate tracking sheet sounds like the right compromise: keep the sold-record link, advertised area, pin location and contact date together, then verify them against the active advert. For day-to-day searching, I would still give more weight to a visible update date and confirmed availability, since those details determine whether contacting the advertiser is worth the effort.
 
One practical addition to your comparison sheet: include the sold-record link rather than only copying the price. If an advert changes or disappears, you will still know which historical record informed your comparison. Also note whether a saved-search alert represents a genuinely new property or just a refreshed duplicate.
 
The floor-area differences may not all be data-entry mistakes. Listings might be describing different area concepts, so I would ask the advertiser exactly what the figure includes rather than choosing whichever version appears most precise. The portal would be clearer if the area field indicated its basis consistently, but until then the number should be treated as something to confirm.
 
Your split between discovery and verification sounds sensible. Before contacting anyone, shortlist only entries with enough information to identify the likely property. After contact, record whether the advertiser confirms availability, location and floor area, and whether the next step is explained clearly. That will reveal whether the main weakness is the listing data itself or the handoff after an enquiry.
 
Back
Top