Doha studios: does 105 days on market suggest a change?

plantsAndMap

Seller
Established
I would like to establish whether this small studio segment is shifting, but the sample may contain too much building-level variation to support that yet. My July 2025 notes cover Doha listings between QAR 1,077,000 and QAR 1,616,000, with marketing periods around 105 days.

Lease duration seems more informative than the advertised monthly rent, although I still need to separate remaining fixed terms from original lease lengths. I also wonder how much seller motivation, withdrawn stock and property condition are affecting the picture.

Would you treat this as a market question now, or first track completed prices, relisted units and withdrawals for another period? I am leaning toward the second approach unless several comparable buildings begin showing the same pattern.
 
I would not read 105 days alone as a change. First compare recent completed sales with asking prices, then count genuinely new listings rather than repeated or refreshed adverts. Withdrawn stock matters too: a listing disappearing is not necessarily a sale. If supply is growing while completed prices soften, the case becomes more persuasive.
 
When you say lease length, do you mean the remaining fixed term or the total original term? That distinction could change how buyers view the studio.

I’d also tighten the neighbourhood boundaries. Even a narrow Doha sample can mix buildings with different condition, facilities and service costs. At this price spread, those differences could easily overwhelm a modest market movement.
 
There is also no single direction in which a longer lease affects value. An income-focused buyer may prefer certainty, while someone wanting flexibility or vacant possession may not. Buyer financing and the lease terms may further narrow the pool. I’d separate occupied and vacant studios before looking for a broader pattern.
 
That is fair, Theo. It also explains why the monthly rent headline can be deceptive: two studios with similar rent may present very different flexibility depending on the remaining term. I’d record occupancy, remaining lease length and condition alongside asking price, rather than treating rent as the main comparison.
 
A simple timeline would help: original listing date, first price reduction, later reductions, withdrawal date and any completed-sale evidence. Then add whether the seller appears motivated or is simply willing to wait. If reductions cluster around a similar point in the marketing period, that tells you more than the 105-day figure by itself.
 
I’m cautious about using price-cut timing as a strong signal. Some studios may have started above realistic buyer expectations, so a later reduction could just correct the initial pricing rather than show a changing market. I’d want several comparable completions and rising new-listing volume before calling this an early shift.
 
The practical answer is to keep tracking the same tightly defined group through the next update. Separate new, reduced, withdrawn and completed properties; keep neighbourhood and building condition consistent; and split leased from vacant units. If marketing time lengthens while reductions and available stock build, that supports a change. If outcomes still divide mainly by lease and condition, property-level variation remains the better explanation.
 
Back
Top