I’m torn between keeping a large safety reserve and using enough cash to make the house workable from day one. The Doha property is a 4-bed detached home costing about QAR 3,585,000, and my estimate leaves QAR 123,800 once the deposit and expected purchase costs are paid.
That balance may need to absorb moving expenses, urgent inspection work, the first mortgage payment, service charges and an insurance excess. Furniture is more flexible, but some basic items may still be needed immediately.
Would you set an untouchable emergency amount first and postpone the rest, or buy below this price to preserve a wider margin? I do not want a normal repair during the first year to force borrowing or selling.
That balance may need to absorb moving expenses, urgent inspection work, the first mortgage payment, service charges and an insurance excess. Furniture is more flexible, but some basic items may still be needed immediately.
Would you set an untouchable emergency amount first and postpone the rest, or buy below this price to preserve a wider margin? I do not want a normal repair during the first year to force borrowing or selling.