QAR 76,440 is the amount I expect to retain after the deposit and estimated closing costs, and that remaining balance may determine whether this purchase is sensible. The property is a 2-bed apartment in Doha priced at about QAR 2,020,000.
I can postpone non-essential furniture, but not moving expenses, the first mortgage payment or defects identified during inspection. Rather than assign the whole balance now, would it make more sense to reserve a core emergency amount, cover the move and immediate obligations, then decide the repair allowance once the inspection is available?
I’m trying to identify the point at which reducing the offer—or choosing a cheaper apartment—would be more prudent than completing with too little accessible cash. How would others stage that decision?
I can postpone non-essential furniture, but not moving expenses, the first mortgage payment or defects identified during inspection. Rather than assign the whole balance now, would it make more sense to reserve a core emergency amount, cover the move and immediate obligations, then decide the repair allowance once the inspection is available?
I’m trying to identify the point at which reducing the offer—or choosing a cheaper apartment—would be more prudent than completing with too little accessible cash. How would others stage that decision?