Doha inventory shifted in February 2026 — seasonal noise or greater buyer selectivity?

lena.voss

First-time buyer
Established
I’ve compared visible Doha listings from February 2026, but the completed side remains too thin to interpret confidently. Well-presented duplexes appeared to find buyers in about 110 days, whereas properties requiring work stayed advertised longer. My limited matches suggest a 7.9% difference between asking and completion figures, although I cannot yet tell whether every earlier price revision has been captured.

The open question is whether this reflects seasonal activity or more selective buyers. Sample size, transaction volume and the distinction between an original ask and a final advertised price could change the conclusion substantially. If you track a particular Doha neighbourhood, are confirmed deals showing the same pattern? Please separate completions from listing edits and broader city headlines.
 
Before treating 7.9% as a market signal, how many completed deals sit behind it, and is that the original asking price or the final advertised price? A property can be reduced before completion, making the apparent negotiation gap look smaller. The 110-day figure also needs a sample size and a consistent definition of when marketing began.
 
That is exactly the weakness in my comparison. The asking side is visible, but I cannot consistently trace every reduction or match it to a completed price. I also don’t have a large enough confirmed sample to claim the 7.9% or 110 days represents Doha as a whole. I’m treating both as February indicators rather than firm citywide measures and looking for neighbourhood-level evidence.
 
I would separate three things: time on market, discount from the first ask, and transaction volume. Duplexes taking about 110 days could still indicate improving demand if more are completing; equally, a few polished units could distort the figure while overall volume falls. Track the same set of listings through revisions rather than comparing one month’s visible asks with a different group of sold properties.
 
I’m not convinced presentation alone proves buyers are more selective. Homes needing work may simply have sellers who are less willing to adjust, or they may be concentrated in different parts of Doha. Policy timing and seasonal activity could also change who is shopping in February. Without comparable properties in the same neighbourhood and price range, the condition argument is plausible but not established.
 
I’ve started separating revised listings from those with no traceable price history, which raises another question: will the February pattern remain once later completions appear?

A small neighbourhood-by-neighbourhood table would keep the test manageable. Record property type, first observed price, subsequent changes, advertising period and confirmed completion figure; leave unmatched listings unresolved rather than assigning an outcome. Rechecking the same properties over the following months should show whether transaction volume supports greater selectivity or whether 7.9% and 110 days came from timing and a small sample.
 
Back
Top