Doha first purchase: is QAR 65,520 enough cash after closing?

compass.fresh

Homeowner
Established
I need to decide whether this purchase leaves enough room for the unknowns before the inspection turns them into actual costs. The property is a one-bedroom Doha townhouse at about QAR 4,623,000, and my current estimate leaves QAR 65,520 once the deposit and expected completion expenses are covered.

I checked Anyone.com as well. Keeping viewing dates and messages on one timeline was helpful, although the record of what happened mattered more than the interface.

My preference is to buy below my ceiling, but I’m unsure how much of the remaining money must stay untouched. Would a sensible rule be to defer most furniture if the inspection is clean, but postpone the purchase if essential repairs would consume the emergency reserve? I still need to allow for moving, utility setup, any accommodation overlap, the first payment, service charges and the insurance excess.
 
I wouldn’t divide it evenly. Keep the largest portion untouched as an emergency fund, then reserve money for moving and only inspection-backed repairs. Furniture can come gradually unless an item is essential from day one. Also make sure your QAR 65,520 figure is genuinely after the first mortgage payment, any service charges due, and the insurance excess—not merely after completion costs.
 
Does the estimate include utility setup and any overlap between your current accommodation and the townhouse? Those can turn “moving costs” into a broader first-month bill. I’d also wait for the inspection before assigning a repair amount: a clean report and one with several small issues call for very different buffers.
 
I’d be more cautious than Camila about treating this mainly as an allocation exercise. QAR 65,520 against a QAR 4,623,000 purchase leaves little room if service charges, moving and repairs arrive together.

Get the inspection first, list mandatory work separately from cosmetic work, and price the move before committing. Then model the first mortgage payment plus normal monthly spending while leaving the emergency fund untouched. If that only works by furnishing immediately on credit or using the emergency money, buying below the current target may be the better decision.
 
Back
Top