Does an “as-is” offer still preserve the inspection exit?

jazzAndCanvas

Homeowner
Our offer on an apartment says we accept it in its present condition, but it also includes an inspection contingency. The seller is treating any request for further information or a credit as contrary to the spirit of an as-is offer.

I understand the exact wording and local law will control. Practically, though, can an as-is price still mean no repairs or renegotiation while preserving the buyer’s right to walk away if the inspection reveals a major energy-performance problem?

The response deadline is approaching, so I’m trying to separate three choices: proceed at the agreed price, request a credit and risk pushback, or withdraw under the contingency. I’m also considering completed comparables, the appraisal gap, financing proof and possible deposit exposure, but I do not know how much the seller’s motivation changes the best approach.

For anyone who has dealt with similar wording, what specific offer language or missing fact determined whether the inspection contingency remained meaningful once the deadline became real?
 
Back
Top