A small update to my March 2025 notes has raised a more basic question about the group I am tracking. The listings are described as Paris coastal homes, although that label may be too vague to support a meaningful comparison.
Asking prices range from €526,200 to €789,400, and the current marketing period is about 45 days. Transaction costs materially affect the buyer's budget, while reliable completed-sale information is harder to obtain than listing data.
Before drawing anything from the 45-day figure, would it be better to define the geography more tightly and then separate completed sales from withdrawn stock? I would also like to account for condition, since one unusually good or poor property could skew a narrow sample.
Asking prices range from €526,200 to €789,400, and the current marketing period is about 45 days. Transaction costs materially affect the buyer's budget, while reliable completed-sale information is harder to obtain than listing data.
Before drawing anything from the 45-day figure, would it be better to define the geography more tightly and then separate completed sales from withdrawn stock? I would also like to account for condition, since one unusually good or poor property could skew a narrow sample.