Does 35 days on market give Dublin warehouse buyers room to negotiate?

NimblePlan

First-time buyer
Established
The Dublin market looks split rather than uniformly fast or slow. I’m considering warehouses advertised between €338,600 and €507,800, and several have been available for about 35 days. Buildings with a clear maintenance picture seem to move differently from those with unresolved work. As a first-time buyer, should I treat 35 days as meaningful leverage? Recent completed comparisons would help, particularly where the final price differed from the public asking history.
 
Thirty-five days by itself would not make me assume the seller is ready to negotiate. Condition, location and the number of credible buyers matter more. I would still offer below asking if the maintenance uncertainty supports it, but explain the costs or risks behind the figure rather than treating time online as the whole argument.
 
That makes sense. I’m not trying to turn 35 days into an automatic discount; I’m deciding whether it is enough reason to start a conversation rather than wait. The awkward part is comparing a maintained building with one where the asking price may already reflect work. What details would you want before separating genuine value from a superficially cheaper listing?
 
Which parts of Dublin are you grouping together? Neighbourhood boundaries can produce misleading comparisons even within a narrow price band. I’d also separate routine maintenance from work that affects whether the property can be used as intended. Without that distinction, two warehouses at similar asking prices may not really be alternatives.
 
I partly disagree that 35 days is too little to matter. It can matter when new competing listings are arriving and the original one has had no visible price movement. It just doesn’t tell you how much leverage exists. Ask whether there have been offers, whether any deal fell through, and whether the seller has a preferred timetable.
 
Completed sales are useful, but compare like with like: approximate area, condition, exact locality and sale timing. Keep withdrawn stock in a separate column. A withdrawn listing is evidence that the asking price did not produce a completed public sale, not evidence that the seller would have accepted less.
 
Buyer financing can change the discussion too. A lower offer with fewer timing uncertainties may be more attractive than a higher but less settled proposal, depending on the seller’s motivation. I would ask what completion timing the seller wants before focusing heavily on price. Their answer may reveal more than the 35-day listing age.
 
Be careful with public asking histories. A price cut after 35 days might signal flexibility, but it might simply correct an ambitious launch price. Conversely, no cut does not prove the seller is firm. I’d view any reduction alongside listing volume and whether similar properties are completing, sitting, or disappearing unsold.
 
A simple comparison table could keep this grounded: original ask, current ask, days advertised, condition issues, location, financing constraints and final sale price where known. Then write down the reason for your own offer. If the number only works after allowing for unresolved maintenance, say so clearly and leave room to walk away if the seller’s expectations remain elsewhere.
 
One more thought: don’t let the search range of €338,600–€507,800 hide differences in seller motivation. Two properties can sit for the same 35 days because one seller is patient and the other has had buyer or financing problems. Before increasing an offer, try to learn whether the obstacle is price, condition, timing or simply a lack of suitable demand.
 
Back
Top