Denver serviced apartments around $870,000: insurance variation or a market shift?

slate.modern

Property investor
Established
For August 2025, I tracked a narrow group of Denver serviced apartments rather than using the citywide average. Asking prices run from $696,000 to $1,044,000, centred around $870,000, and the current marketing period is roughly 17 days.

Insurance differences seem more important than the monthly price headline. Would you treat that as ordinary property-level variation, or could it be an early change in this Denver segment? I’m deciding whether to keep tracking asking prices or shift attention to completed sales, withdrawals and price cuts.
 
Seventeen days is too short for me to call a broader change. I’d first separate the insurance issue by building, condition and exact neighbourhood boundary. Then compare recent completed sales with current listings. If insured properties with otherwise similar characteristics are selling differently, that would be more persuasive than asking-price movement alone.
 
How are you defining the marketing period? If withdrawn listings return with new dates, 17 days may understate how long sellers have really been testing the market. I’d record original appearance, every price cut and any withdrawal. New-listing volume matters too: short exposure means something different when supply is rising than when very little is being listed.
 
I wouldn’t reduce this entirely to insurance. A range from $696,000 to $1,044,000 leaves room for substantial differences in condition and buyer financing. Even where monthly costs look manageable, the purchase itself may attract a smaller financing pool. Seller motivation could then explain an early cut or withdrawal better than a Denver-wide shift.
 
I partly disagree with the idea that the price range makes the sample unhelpful. A narrow property category can still reveal changing behaviour before citywide figures do. The missing piece is completed sales: asking prices tell you sellers’ expectations, while sale price and time to completion show whether buyers accepted them.
 
One more useful split: motivated sellers versus aspirational listings. Note whether a reduction happens soon after launch or only after an extended period, and whether the property then sells or disappears. Early reductions across several comparable properties would get my attention; isolated late cuts would look more like seller-specific decisions.
 
I’d keep the $870,000 figure as a description of this group, not as a market signal yet. For the next few weeks, track new listings, original dates, cuts, withdrawals and completed sales in the same neighbourhood boundaries. Add condition and any known financing complications. That should show whether insurance is consistently changing buyer behaviour or merely explaining differences between individual properties.
 
Back
Top