Denver market check: -5.8% movement and 30 days on market

FarVale

Homeowner
Before I decide whether to pursue one of these Denver studios, I need to know whether the apparent discount is real or mostly a feature of the available stock. I’m looking at asking prices from $384,000 to $576,000, with the snapshot showing a 5.8% decline and about 30 days on market.

Condition seems to create two very different cases: an updated unit may leave little negotiating room, while a dated one could justify a lower price once the work is costed. Higher financing costs may be widening that gap as well. Are others seeing this in Denver? Please say which neighbourhood and property type you are using, and whether the figures come from active listings or recent completed sales. I’d also like to know how withdrawn or relisted units are being treated.
 
Thirty days alone doesn’t say much unless withdrawn and relisted units are included. I’d also separate genuine studios from compact one-bedrooms and keep neighbourhood boundaries tight. The useful comparison would be recent completed sales against original asking prices, then note when cuts occurred. A dated unit may reflect renovation cost and seller motivation, while a finance-dependent buyer may simply have less room to bid. How much of the 5.8% comes from closed sales rather than active listings?
 
Back
Top