Delhi snapshot: 4.6% price movement and buyer financing pressure

KindHarbor

Homeowner
Established
I’m looking at a small sample of Delhi townhouses marketed between ₹57,110,000 and ₹85,670,000. The apparent price movement is -4.6%, while median marketing time is about 69 days. Condition varies enough to make the average rather noisy.

What I cannot tell is whether financing costs are translating into lower offers, requests for different payment terms, or buyers simply abandoning one listing for another. Which behaviour are people actually seeing? I’d also be interested in whether recent completed sales support the 4.6% movement, rather than just asking-price changes.
 
Financing pressure is more likely to appear indirectly in the offer than as a separate negotiation with the seller. A buyer may reduce the price, delay, or move on if the total cost no longer works.

But 69 days alone does not reveal which one is happening. Compare the eventual sale price and the timing of any reduction. A cut after six weeks tells a different story from a property priced lower on day one.
 
How tightly have you drawn the neighbourhood boundaries? At those prices, combining nearby areas—or renovated and unrenovated townhouses—could easily make the 4.6% look more meaningful than it is.

I’d also count withdrawn properties and new-listing volume. If listings disappear without completing, a completed-sales-only view may overstate buyer resilience. Conversely, a few condition-heavy homes could be dragging down your sample.
 
I’d separate the sample into three simple groups: sold, still listed, and withdrawn. Then note condition, first asking price, latest asking price, days to first cut, and whether the 4.6% refers to asking prices or completed prices.

I slightly disagree that seller behaviour alone will answer the financing question. Seller motivation matters too: two similar homes can respond very differently after 69 days. The clearest clue would be repeated lower offers across comparable properties, not one seller accepting a cut.
 
Back
Top