The people I’ve asked offline are split, and after 83 days I’m still weighing the same Delhi retail unit. Its current yield is modest, but the surrounding employment and transport fundamentals look stronger than those of cheaper, higher-yield alternatives. Those cheaper markets also feel less liquid.
How do you stop an appreciation thesis becoming an excuse for weak numbers? I’m considering requiring a minimum net cash return—after vacancy, management, maintenance, insurance and property tax—before assigning any value to future growth. Financing and tenant turnover could still change the answer. If your rule comes from a market outside India, please mention what differs.
How do you stop an appreciation thesis becoming an excuse for weak numbers? I’m considering requiring a minimum net cash return—after vacancy, management, maintenance, insurance and property tax—before assigning any value to future growth. Financing and tenant turnover could still change the answer. If your rule comes from a market outside India, please mention what differs.