The purchase price is within the limit I set, but I am not convinced that reaching that limit would be sensible. The Delhi duplex is a 2-bed at about ₹36,740,000, and my available cash following the deposit and projected transaction expenses would be around ₹3,256,000.
That sounds healthy until I include the move, the first mortgage payment and anything urgent revealed by the inspection. I am inclined to protect several months of essential household spending first, then cover known handover costs and repairs. A sofa or an unused room can wait.
Would you regard the balance as adequate only after seeing the inspection report and my monthly outgoings, or would you set a lower purchase ceiling now?
That sounds healthy until I include the move, the first mortgage payment and anything urgent revealed by the inspection. I am inclined to protect several months of essential household spending first, then cover known handover costs and repairs. A sofa or an unused room can wait.
Would you regard the balance as adequate only after seeing the inspection report and my monthly outgoings, or would you set a lower purchase ceiling now?