Daft for a country-home search around Mumbai: useful coverage, difficult comparisons

I used Daft while searching for a country home around Mumbai. The coverage was useful, and commute-time search helped narrow the area, but duplicate listings, stale availability and inconsistent floor-area data made comparisons harder than expected.

I’m now deciding whether it is reliable enough for a serious shortlist. I’d like clearer update dates, better duplicate grouping and a more obvious next step after contacting an advertiser. How have others found the mobile filters, map pins, saved alerts and advertiser follow-up?
 
Commute time can be misleading if the map pin is approximate, especially for a country home where the entrance may be some distance from the displayed point. Before keeping a listing, compare the pin with whatever location description the advertiser provides. I’d also want the mobile results to retain the same filters after switching between the map and list.
 
What exactly varied in the floor-area data: the units, or whether the figure referred to the house, the plot, carpet area or built-up area? Those are different problems. A portal could standardise the field labels, but an advertiser still has to enter the right figure. Until that is clear, price-per-area comparisons could create a false shortlist.
 
I partly disagree that duplicates and stale status alone make the portal unreliable. The same property may be uploaded by several advertisers, and availability can change without the listing being updated promptly. Daft should still make that mess easier to see—group likely duplicates, show the last-confirmed date and let users report unavailable properties without losing their saved notes.
 
For a serious shortlist, I’d keep a simple table outside the portal: listing identifier, asking price, stated area type, map location, last update and contact date. That will expose duplicates even when the photos or wording change. Price history would help too, but only if it follows the same property rather than merely the same advertiser’s listing.
 
Sold-record links would add context, although their completeness and meaning can vary in India, so I wouldn’t treat them as definitive on their own. The more practical mobile improvement may be alerts that distinguish genuinely new listings from edited or reposted ones. Alejandro, after contacting advertisers, did any listing show that an enquiry had been sent or explain what response to expect next? That would clarify whether the weak point is discovery or the handoff.
 
Back
Top