The preliminary budget has now reached AED 721,600, which raises a new question about how much of it is genuinely priced rather than assumed. This is for 75 m² of student housing in an older Dubai building, covering refurbishment of the kitchen and bathrooms, new surfaces, electrical investigation and some efficiency work. There is no planned extension.
Finishes can be adjusted later; concealed services cannot. Before setting the contingency, what evidence should I request on the electrical system, plumbing, moisture and any walls that may need opening? I also want contractors to identify exclusions, material lead times and the sequence of investigative work in writing, so I can tell whether a cheaper quotation is simply leaving more risk with me.
Finishes can be adjusted later; concealed services cannot. Before setting the contingency, what evidence should I request on the electrical system, plumbing, moisture and any walls that may need opening? I also want contractors to identify exclusions, material lead times and the sequence of investigative work in writing, so I can tell whether a cheaper quotation is simply leaving more risk with me.