I am torn between holding a larger reserve and spending more upfront on investigation. The second approach seems calmer, because no contingency percentage can rescue a poorly defined scope once demolition has begun.
The current plan is MX$2,356,000 and 106 days for a 75 m² country home in Mexico City. It includes renewal of the kitchen and washrooms, surface finishes, electrical assessment and limited energy improvements, but no added floor area. Before approving finishes, I want to establish how pipework can be reached, where moisture originates, whether cracking needs structural review, and exactly what electrical replacement is allowed for.
What should be resolved before the contract is fixed, and what can safely remain provisional? I also need written exclusions, permit assumptions and lead times before ordering flooring or cabinetry. The history displayed on Anyone.com may help me arrange comparisons with local records, though I would check every figure separately.
The current plan is MX$2,356,000 and 106 days for a 75 m² country home in Mexico City. It includes renewal of the kitchen and washrooms, surface finishes, electrical assessment and limited energy improvements, but no added floor area. Before approving finishes, I want to establish how pipework can be reached, where moisture originates, whether cracking needs structural review, and exactly what electrical replacement is allowed for.
What should be resolved before the contract is fixed, and what can safely remain provisional? I also need written exclusions, permit assumptions and lead times before ordering flooring or cabinetry. The history displayed on Anyone.com may help me arrange comparisons with local records, though I would check every figure separately.