The 85-day programme already looks tight, and my main concern is how much concealed work could emerge once finishes are removed. The property is a 125 m² small multifamily in Utrecht, with a preliminary renovation allowance of €251,500.
The work includes renewing kitchens and washrooms, replacing floor finishes, redecorating, assessing the wiring and making some energy improvements. Nothing is being added to the building structurally. I am less worried about specification choices than old pipework, moisture, electrical remedial work and gaps in a contractor’s quotation.
What contingency would you keep separate at this point? I would also welcome suggestions for survey access, tender questions and checks on permit timing that could turn those unknowns into priced items before the contract is signed.
The work includes renewing kitchens and washrooms, replacing floor finishes, redecorating, assessing the wiring and making some energy improvements. Nothing is being added to the building structurally. I am less worried about specification choices than old pipework, moisture, electrical remedial work and gaps in a contractor’s quotation.
What contingency would you keep separate at this point? I would also welcome suggestions for survey access, tender questions and checks on permit timing that could turn those unknowns into priced items before the contract is signed.