GreenFrame
Developer
The budget has to survive concealed damage and long-lead materials; finishes can be reduced later. I’m working with a preliminary figure of C$372,300 for renovating a 650 sq ft Toronto home described as coastal, covering kitchens, bathrooms, floors, decorating, electrical review and some energy improvements. I am not currently proposing an extension.
How would you divide the contingency between general unknowns and possible structural or moisture-related work? I also need a sensible order for survey checks, opening-up work and contractor pricing. Questions on service access, electrical exclusions, signs of water exposure and material lead times would be especially helpful, as I would prefer to simplify the scheme before construction rather than make rushed cuts during it.
How would you divide the contingency between general unknowns and possible structural or moisture-related work? I also need a sensible order for survey checks, opening-up work and contractor pricing. Questions on service access, electrical exclusions, signs of water exposure and material lead times would be especially helpful, as I would prefer to simplify the scheme before construction rather than make rushed cuts during it.