My preferred outcome is a realistic renovation allowance before choosing a contractor, but the exclusions make the quotes almost impossible to compare. The working budget is PEN 1,028,000 for a 220 m² detached home in Lima.
The intended work includes the kitchen and bathrooms, new flooring and paint, electrical checks and some energy improvements. There is no planned extension, although I do not want to assume that this rules out structural intervention once work begins.
Which checks would you commission first for structure, moisture and concealed services? I would also like to know how people allow for materials with long lead times. My next step is to put every quote into one scope table, but I need a sensible contingency while those unknowns are being narrowed down.
The intended work includes the kitchen and bathrooms, new flooring and paint, electrical checks and some energy improvements. There is no planned extension, although I do not want to assume that this rules out structural intervention once work begins.
Which checks would you commission first for structure, moisture and concealed services? I would also like to know how people allow for materials with long lead times. My next step is to put every quote into one scope table, but I need a sensible contingency while those unknowns are being narrowed down.