The surprising part of the first budget was how little certainty SAR 1,714,000 buys before anything is opened up. The project covers 185 m² of student housing in Riyadh, including work to kitchens, bathrooms, floors, decoration and electrical systems, plus limited energy improvements. There is no planned extension.
I am more concerned about concealed defects and the order of work than the final finishes. How would you set the contingency before and after intrusive inspections? I also need bidders to explain access to pipework, signs of water damage, the exact electrical allowance, omitted work, material availability and the assumptions behind approval dates.
I am more concerned about concealed defects and the order of work than the final finishes. How would you set the contingency before and after intrusive inspections? I also need bidders to explain access to pipework, signs of water damage, the exact electrical allowance, omitted work, material availability and the assumptions behind approval dates.