keen_radar
Landlord
The villa’s extra control is attractive, but I am not convinced it compensates for the maintenance exposure. I am comparing it with a similarly priced 115 m² condo in Jakarta, where some of the work shifts to building management but the owner also depends on the building’s finances and decisions.
For the condo, I need to understand reserve funding, planned major works, service-charge history and what the building’s insurance does or does not cover. For the villa, the questions are roof and drainage condition, security, grounds, utilities, staffing or management time, and the cost of an unexpectedly large repair.
I am also comparing lease length, energy use, resale prospects, tenant demand and likely vacancy. Which records would you request from the seller or condo management, and which recurring tasks are owners most likely to overlook during their initial budgeting?
For the condo, I need to understand reserve funding, planned major works, service-charge history and what the building’s insurance does or does not cover. For the villa, the questions are roof and drainage condition, security, grounds, utilities, staffing or management time, and the cost of an unexpectedly large repair.
I am also comparing lease length, energy use, resale prospects, tenant demand and likely vacancy. Which records would you request from the seller or condo management, and which recurring tasks are owners most likely to overlook during their initial budgeting?