I’m comparing a 180 m² condo with a similarly priced serviced apartment in Osaka. The condo appears simpler to maintain, while the serviced apartment may offer more control but also leave the owner exposed to larger irregular costs and a heavier management workload.
My model currently covers insurance, energy use, tenant demand, vacancy risk, rental restrictions and resale liquidity. I’m less confident about shared-building reserves and expenses that only become obvious after the first year.
For anyone familiar with either property type, which costs or operating demands are easiest to underestimate? A practical checklist—especially covering reserve contributions, major repairs, insurance exposure, utilities during vacancies and resale constraints—would help me compare them on a like-for-like basis.
My model currently covers insurance, energy use, tenant demand, vacancy risk, rental restrictions and resale liquidity. I’m less confident about shared-building reserves and expenses that only become obvious after the first year.
For anyone familiar with either property type, which costs or operating demands are easiest to underestimate? A practical checklist—especially covering reserve contributions, major repairs, insurance exposure, utilities during vacancies and resale constraints—would help me compare them on a like-for-like basis.