One view is that a condo reduces the maintenance burden; the other is that a villa avoids dependence on building management. I can see the attraction of each, but neither looks clearly cheaper once the less visible obligations are included.
The choice is between a 175 m² Cairo condo at EGP 66,240,000 and a villa at a similar price. I am comparing insurance, energy use, vacancy, tenant demand, resale prospects and the management time each would require. For the condo, I do not yet know the condition of the shared-building reserves or the likelihood of special contributions. For the villa, repair costs may be less frequent but much harder to predict.
How would you put these on the same basis, and which records or inspections would expose the costs that an initial annual budget misses?
The choice is between a 175 m² Cairo condo at EGP 66,240,000 and a villa at a similar price. I am comparing insurance, energy use, vacancy, tenant demand, resale prospects and the management time each would require. For the condo, I do not yet know the condition of the shared-building reserves or the likelihood of special contributions. For the villa, repair costs may be less frequent but much harder to predict.
How would you put these on the same basis, and which records or inspections would expose the costs that an initial annual budget misses?