Completed my first studio purchase in Stockholm

cai.fable

Homeowner
Established
By the final document week, the completion date was close but responsibility for the remaining steps was still unclear. That made coordinating the move harder than expected, even though I have now completed my first studio purchase in Stockholm.

I had assumed the main challenge would be getting an offer accepted. In practice, the unsuccessful bids helped me judge the market, while the period from acceptance to closing required much more active follow-up. I also learned to separate the cash needed to complete from money reserved for work afterwards, including possible energy-performance improvements. If anyone is approaching that stage, I am happy to compare notes on the handoffs and timeline.
 
The cash distinction is important: having enough to complete is not the same as having enough to settle in and deal with repairs. What made the final document week run long—lender timing, missing information, or uncertainty over who had to act? That detail would probably help people preparing their own timeline.
 
I’d be cautious about automatically putting energy performance first. It may deserve priority, but that depends on the inspection findings, likely cost, and which changes are actually within the studio owner’s control. Was there a specific issue identified before completion, or did you simply decide to reserve money after reading the property documents?
 
Your point about assigning each next step is probably the most transferable one. A simple written list of the outstanding item, responsible person, and target date could prevent the final week becoming a chain of assumptions.

I’d also separate the remaining cash into moving costs, known work, and a general repair reserve rather than treating it as one pot. Did any unexpected fee appear near closing, and did your rejected offers change how you set the winning one?
 
Back
Top