Comparing Warsaw agent fees when the service lists differ over 90 days

I want the agent who is most likely to keep a Warsaw sale moving, but the three proposals make that difficult to judge. Their fees differ, and so do the inclusions: some cover the launch and negotiation work, while others add charges as the process progresses.

For the first 90 days, I am considering a common scorecard covering the fee in actual money, comparable detached-home results, enquiry response, finance and timing checks on buyers, and who handles offers after the initial contact. I would also like to know what each agent does when a buyer delays or withdraws, and whether any payment or representation on the buyer’s side must be disclosed. Which of those answers would carry the most weight in Warsaw?
 
Put each proposal into the same table and calculate the fee on your expected sale price, including every stated extra. Then ask each agent to describe the process from enquiry to completed sale. Photography matters, but I would give more weight to who answers buyers, how quickly they respond, and whether the named contact handles negotiations or hands them to someone else.
 
I’d also ask what “buyer qualification” means in practice. Are they merely collecting a name and phone number, or asking about finance and timing before arranging a viewing? And is the fee calculated on the final price including VAT, or is anything added later? A cheap headline percentage can stop looking cheap once the basis and extras are clear.
 
Recent sales sound persuasive, but I would want to see whether they truly match your detached home before giving them much weight. A nearby apartment or a house in very different condition says little about the agent’s likely result here.

I would ask each firm to explain one concrete case: an accepted buyer stops progressing and misses an agreed deadline. Who follows up, what checks were made before the offer, and how quickly does the property return to active marketing? If their answer is specific, then look at how they set the asking strategy, record and present offers, and disclose any buyer-side payment or representation. That makes the decision about process rather than brochure claims.
 
There is a counterpoint: a longer service list does not automatically justify the larger fee. Included photography has little value if the images are weak, and “negotiation support” is vague unless you know who actually does it.

Before deciding, send all three the same short scenario: a buyer makes a conditional offer late on Friday and wants an answer that weekend. Ask who contacts you, what information they obtain from the buyer, and the expected response time. Their specific answers should be easier to compare than brochure language.
 
Agreed, and I’d add a 90-day question: what exactly changes if the home has not sold by then? Ask whether they propose new photos, revised positioning or a price discussion, and whether any extra costs become payable. Get the named day-to-day contact and post-agreement responsibilities written into the proposal. That should expose whether the higher fee buys sustained work or mainly a more polished launch.
 
Back
Top