The cheaper-looking rate is attractive, but I’m not convinced it represents the cheaper loan. I’m comparing two illustrations for a property near Bengaluru priced at about ₹120,200,000. One describes a 4.01% rate fixed for 30 years, yet its fees and loan-to-value band narrow the apparent advantage.
The lenders have used different assumptions, which makes their quoted totals difficult to line up. Should I rebuild both calculations over the same expected ownership period, including interest and all fees, rather than rely on APR? I also want to test what happens if we repay early or refinance, because portability restrictions and exit charges could matter if our plans change.
The lenders have used different assumptions, which makes their quoted totals difficult to line up. Should I rebuild both calculations over the same expected ownership period, including interest and all fees, rather than rely on APR? I also want to test what happens if we repay early or refinance, because portability restrictions and exit charges could matter if our plans change.