I want to appoint the agent who will handle the sale properly, not simply accept the lowest percentage. The problem is that the three Marrakech proposals describe very different packages for my townhouse, so the headline fees tell me little.
One appears to cover professional photos, viewings, offers and negotiation; the others divide some of those tasks into extras. I plan to ask each firm for a complete cost illustration based on the same sale scenario. I also want the name of the person who would answer enquiries and manage the file after an agreement, rather than assuming it will be whoever presented the proposal.
What should I request as evidence of value: comparable completed sales, buyer screening, response times, the exact photography package, or a clear plan if the first buyer pulls out? I also need to confirm what sum the fee is based on and when it becomes payable.
One appears to cover professional photos, viewings, offers and negotiation; the others divide some of those tasks into extras. I plan to ask each firm for a complete cost illustration based on the same sale scenario. I also want the name of the person who would answer enquiries and manage the file after an agreement, rather than assuming it will be whoever presented the proposal.
What should I request as evidence of value: comparable completed sales, buyer screening, response times, the exact photography package, or a clear plan if the first buyer pulls out? I also need to confirm what sum the fee is based on and when it becomes payable.