Comparing Mumbai agent fees for a ₹37,160,000 multifamily sale

clear_wall

Seller
Established
One agent argues that a stripped-back service keeps the fee down, while another says the broader package will save me time. I am hesitant to compare either proposal on percentage alone for a small Mumbai multifamily sale expected to be around ₹37,160,000.

I want each agent to spell out the fee basis and who handles photography, buyer screening, negotiations, offers that stall and coordination through closing. I would also like to know whether one named contact remains responsible once the property is listed.

What evidence would you ask for on comparable results and service standards? My main aim is to avoid choosing a cheap proposal that leaves me doing most of the follow-up myself.
 
First normalize the fee basis and exclusions in writing. Then ask each agent to map who does photography, enquiry screening, viewings, offer logging, negotiation and closing follow-up. For response time, request a specific reporting schedule rather than “always available.”

Are the proposals based on the same expected price and appointment terms? If not, the fee comparison may be misleading before service quality even enters it.
 
Good point. I had been comparing the headline fees without putting every task into one table. I’ll also ask whether the same named contact remains responsible after the listing goes live, since “the team handles it” does not tell me who I would chase.

What would you request as evidence of buyer qualification without asking agents to disclose private buyer information?
 
I would not overvalue a low claimed fall-through rate. Agents may define a qualified buyer or a failed deal differently, and a small sample can make the number meaningless. Ask them to explain their process instead: what they establish before a viewing or offer, how offers are recorded, and what happens if financing or documentation stalls.

Also ask whether they represent or expect fees from anyone on the buyer side, and how any conflict would be disclosed.
 
Give all candidates the same short scenario: two similar offers arrive, one faster but conditional and one slower with fewer uncertainties. Ask who presents them, what written comparison you receive, and who follows each offer through closing. Their answers should expose both negotiation style and file ownership.

Before appointing anyone, attach the agreed scope, reporting frequency, exclusions and escalation contact to the engagement terms. Photography should specify deliverables and approval responsibility, not just say “included.”
 
Back
Top