I can choose the apparently cheaper rate and accept more upfront charges, or take the 8.30% fixed quote for 30 years and pay more each month for predictability. Neither comparison feels reliable yet because the New York purchase is around $660,000 and the final pricing depends on the actual loan amount, fees and loan-to-value band.
Should I compare offers by APR and then calculate total cash paid over the period I am realistically likely to keep the mortgage? I also want to test whether the monthly payment works without relying on a later refinance. For each quote, I plan to ask what happens if I make a large principal payment, sell early or try to transfer the mortgage to another property.
Should I compare offers by APR and then calculate total cash paid over the period I am realistically likely to keep the mortgage? I also want to test whether the monthly payment works without relying on a later refinance. For each quote, I plan to ask what happens if I make a large principal payment, sell early or try to transfer the mortgage to another property.