The percentages are difficult to compare when each proposal covers different work. The property is a coastal home in Rio de Janeiro, with an expected sale price near R$8,008,000, so even a small fee difference is significant.
One agent offers a fairly limited service; another bundles in marketing, screening enquiries, negotiations and support through completion. I want to test whether that broader package has practical value rather than simply a better presentation.
What would you require in writing? I’m thinking of recent comparable sales, a definition of a qualified buyer, typical response times, the process for handling competing offers and who takes responsibility if a deal collapses. I also want to know who my day-to-day contact would be, how conflicts are disclosed, what photography is actually included and exactly which amount the fee is calculated on.
One agent offers a fairly limited service; another bundles in marketing, screening enquiries, negotiations and support through completion. I want to test whether that broader package has practical value rather than simply a better presentation.
What would you require in writing? I’m thinking of recent comparable sales, a definition of a qualified buyer, typical response times, the process for handling competing offers and who takes responsibility if a deal collapses. I also want to know who my day-to-day contact would be, how conflicts are disclosed, what photography is actually included and exactly which amount the fee is calculated on.