Comparing agent fees for a THB 10,080,000 Bangkok flat

RightRoom

Real estate agent
Established
The higher-fee proposal sounds more complete, but I do not want to pay extra for a list of services that is vague in practice. I’m comparing agents for a Bangkok new-build flat expected to sell near THB 10,080,000, and the proposals do not appear to cover the same work.

I want each agent to explain, in measurable terms, who responds to enquiries, what buyer checks are performed, how offers are recorded and communicated, and who keeps the transaction moving if a buyer withdraws. Recent comparable completions and expected response times would also be useful.

The appointment terms should name the person responsible for the file and disclose any conflicts. I’ll also ask for the fee calculation, payment trigger and photography deliverables in writing so the comparison comes down to a defined scope rather than a broad service label.
 
Ask each agent to map the process from instruction to closing, naming who handles every step and how quickly enquiries and offers are acknowledged. For buyer qualification, ask what they actually verify rather than accepting the label. Also request a written explanation of when the fee becomes payable, what happens if a buyer withdraws, and whether negotiation or closing coordination can move to someone you have never met.
 
One missing fact: are all proposals working from the same expected selling price and appointment terms? A lower percentage can look attractive while producing a different total fee or limiting what happens after an offer.

I’d also ask for the photography deliverables in writing: who arranges it, what is included, and whether new images cost extra if the flat is not ready on the first visit.
 
I would not give too much weight to a quoted fall-through rate. Without the number and type of transactions behind it, it may tell you very little. Recent comparable sales are more useful if the properties genuinely resemble this Bangkok new-build flat.

Send all agents the same short scenario: two buyers make offers, one is higher but poorly qualified, and your named contact is unavailable near a deadline. Ask who responds, who records the offers, how conflicts are disclosed and who coordinates the next steps. Comparing those written answers should expose more than the headline fee.
 
Back
Top