Comparing agent fees for a ₹60,120,000 Mumbai coastal home

countTheWall

Homeowner
I have three proposals for selling a coastal home in Mumbai at roughly ₹60,120,000. The fee differences are meaningful, but the service lists are difficult to compare: one includes photography and negotiation, while another charges separately for almost everything after the listing goes live.

Which questions best reveal the real value? I’m considering recent results, availability, buyer qualification, offer handling, fall-through support, response times, the named contact managing the file after agreement, and disclosure of possible conflicts. If you chose either the higher-fee or lower-fee option at a similar price point, what tipped the decision?
 
I would make each agent put the proposal into the same table: exact fee basis, photography deliverables, who qualifies buyers, who handles offers, and every extra charge. Also ask who your day-to-day contact will be and what happens if that person is unavailable.

I wouldn’t give much weight to a fall-through rate without context; difficult sales can distort it. More revealing questions are how they reduce that risk and what support continues if a deal collapses. Ask for response-time expectations and conflict disclosure in writing before comparing the totals.
 
Back
Top