Comparing agent fees and service scope for a ₹69,300,000 coastal home in Bengaluru

studyTheRoom

Homeowner
Established
I have compared the quoted fees, but I still cannot tell whether the agents are offering equivalent protection through the sale. The property is a coastal home in Bengaluru with an expected price near ₹69,300,000, so I am less concerned about picking the lowest number than about avoiding an expensive gap in service.

What would you ask each agent to evidence? I am considering their recent comparable results, photography scope, buyer screening, offer records, response standards and who remains responsible through closing. I also want a clear answer on what happens if an agreed sale collapses, how every charge is calculated, and whether they must reveal any relationship that could affect their advice. Bengaluru experiences would be helpful.
 
Ask each agent to map the fee against the same transaction timeline. For every stage, get the named person responsible, expected response time, deliverable and any extra charge. “Closing coordination included” means little unless they explain what they coordinate and when their involvement ends.

For comparable sales, ask why each property is comparable rather than accepting a list. For offers, ask how they record, communicate and compare competing terms—not just price.
 
Are the fees fixed, percentage-based, or a mixture? Also check whether photography and other marketing costs are included, reimbursed separately, or payable even if the property does not sell. That could materially change which proposal is cheapest.

I’d also ask whether the person presenting the proposal will remain your contact. A strong pitch followed by a handoff to an unnamed coordinator is exactly the gap you are trying to expose.
 
Good point on the payment trigger. I would request a one-page cost example using the expected ₹69,300,000 price, including every stated fee and optional expense. That makes fixed and percentage proposals easier to compare.

I’d put buyer qualification in writing too: what information do they seek before arranging a viewing, and who decides whether it is sufficient? Otherwise different agents may use the same phrase for very different levels of screening.
 
I wouldn’t give much weight to a headline fall-through rate without context. A low figure can reflect cautious screening, but it might also reflect a small sample or reluctance to accept difficult deals. Better questions are what usually causes their transactions to fail, how quickly they identify trouble, and what they do when financing, documentation or timing becomes uncertain.
 
Response time is measurable, but define it carefully. An automatic acknowledgement within minutes is not the same as a useful answer from the person handling the sale. Ask for separate expectations for new enquiries, viewing feedback, offers and urgent issues near closing.

You could score each proposal on fee clarity, photography deliverables, buyer qualification, offer handling, named contact and fall-through support. Weight the areas that reduce your own workload rather than simply choosing the longest service list.
 
Add one uncomfortable scenario to the interviews: ask how they would proceed if they represented or had an existing relationship with an interested buyer. You want a clear explanation of what would be disclosed, who communicates with each side and how offers would still be presented fairly.

Then send the same hypothetical offer—with price, conditions and a short deadline—to every agent. Their explanation of the next steps will reveal more than a general promise to “handle negotiation and closing.”
 
Back
Top