Comparing agent fees and service scope for a Riyadh townhouse

A low percentage is appealing, but a broader service package may cost less in practice if it prevents gaps during the sale. I’m weighing proposals for a three-bedroom Riyadh townhouse expected to be around SAR 2,681,000. Some agents leave several transaction steps to the seller; the most expensive option says it covers photography, buyer screening, negotiation and coordination through closing.

Before choosing, I want each firm to identify the person who will remain responsible after the listing agreement is signed. I also need a precise photography scope, an explanation of how offers are logged and presented, and a clear account of the help provided if an accepted transaction stalls or collapses. Comparable results and response times matter, but only if the agent can show who performs each task. What answers would materially justify paying the higher fee?
 
Ask each agent to map the fee to named deliverables and responsible people. For photography: what is produced and who approves it? For buyers: what does “qualified” mean? For offers: who records, presents and follows them up, and how quickly? Also ask what happens after an accepted offer if the transaction stalls. A cheaper percentage is not cheaper if you must coordinate all the gaps yourself.
 
Before comparing percentages, are all proposals calculated on the same basis, and are any charges separate from the headline fee? I’d also ask whether your named contact remains responsible through closing or hands the file to another person. “Recent comparable sales” only helps if the properties are genuinely comparable to this townhouse and the agent can explain the pricing differences.
 
I wouldn’t give too much weight to a promised response time or a polished service list. Both are easy to state before appointment. The stronger test is a written workflow: how inquiries are logged, when weak buyers are filtered out, how competing offers are communicated, and who takes over when the main contact is unavailable.

Conflict disclosure matters too, particularly if the same firm may be dealing with more than one party. The implications can depend on the arrangement in Riyadh, so unclear wording should be clarified before signing.
 
That helps. I’ll send all candidates the same short table covering fee basis, separate charges, photography output, definition of buyer qualification, offer process, named contact and backup, conflict disclosure, and support after a fall-through. I’ll also ask them to distinguish tasks they perform from tasks they merely refer elsewhere. That should make the proposals comparable without treating the longest package as automatically best.
 
Back
Top