Comparing agent fees and service scope for a Marrakech townhouse

bikesAndBook

Property manager
I need to choose between several selling proposals soon, and the trade-off is not simply the quoted percentage. The property is a Marrakech townhouse expected to sell for around MAD 13,760,000. One proposal is inexpensive but leaves more of the transaction work with me; another costs more and promises broader marketing, buyer screening, negotiation and support through closing.

I plan to put every offer on the same fee basis and request a written breakdown of who handles each stage. Beyond the headline package, I want to compare evidence for the suggested price, response times, how offers are reported, what happens if a deal collapses, who manages the file after instruction and how conflicts are disclosed.

Which of those answers would justify paying more? I am especially concerned that vague coordination language or weak buyer qualification could create costs and delays that the cheaper quote does not show.
 
First, get each fee expressed on the same basis and ask for a written list of included and excluded work. For every stage, ask who is responsible, what gets reported to you and whether another person takes over after the listing is signed. “Closing coordination” is too broad unless they explain the actual tasks. I’d also ask how buyer qualification is recorded and how quickly you are told about every offer.
 
Comparable sales can help, but only if the properties and transaction timing are genuinely comparable. I would put more weight on how the agent explains the proposed price and handles conflicts, particularly whether they may also represent or receive payment from the buyer’s side.

Are these proposals for the same type of appointment and marketing period? Different terms there could explain part of the fee gap.
 
One caveat on response time: a fast initial reply does not prove the file will be managed well. Ask for the named day-to-day contact, expected update frequency, and the process after an offer is accepted but then stalls or falls through. Photography also needs defining—who arranges it, what is delivered and whether its cost is included. Those answers should make the proposals easier to compare line by line.
 
Back
Top