Comparing agent fees and service scope for a Delhi apartment sale

StillPorch

Real estate agent
Established
I have now put several Delhi agent proposals against an expected apartment sale price of roughly ₹51,350,000, and the comparison has raised a new question. The cheaper instructions cover little beyond marketing and introductions, while the broader packages add professional photos, checks on prospective buyers, offer negotiations and support through closing.

A percentage comparison alone does not show which service is better value. What questions would produce evidence I can compare—for example, response targets, recent relevant completions, the process for qualifying a buyer, or the help provided when an accepted offer collapses? I also want to know who will run the file day to day and how any connection to a buyer will be declared. The widest package is not automatically best, but weak handling after an offer may be difficult to fix.
 
First convert every proposal to a rupee cost at the same assumed sale price, then put the included tasks side by side. Ask whether the fee is based on the asking price or final price and whether any expenses sit outside it.

For service, I’d want specifics: who answers buyer enquiries, how quickly they aim to respond, what “qualification” involves, and whether your named contact or a junior team member conducts negotiations and closing coordination.
 
I wouldn’t give too much weight to a raw fall-through rate. It can reflect the apartment, buyer mix or seller decisions rather than the agent’s competence.

A better test may be to give each agent the same scenario: two offers arrive close together, one higher but less certain. Ask how they would present the offers, disclose any connection to either buyer, and keep both parties engaged. Also ask what support continues after acceptance if the first deal stalls. Their answers should make the service differences much clearer than a feature list.
 
Back
Top