The lender presents the headline rate as the obvious comparison, but I am hesitant to rely on it when the underlying assumptions differ. This is for a Warsaw purchase of roughly PLN 3,693,000. One illustration shows 8.25% fixed for 15 years, yet the applicable loan-to-value band and arrangement charge made it less attractive than the advertised figure suggested.
I plan to rebuild the quotes using the same loan amount, term, payment dates and comparison period. After that, should the deciding measure be APR, the cost over the years I expect to keep the mortgage, or the monthly payment? I also want to compare early-repayment terms and portability, since an expensive restriction there may be harder to undo than a higher upfront fee.
I plan to rebuild the quotes using the same loan amount, term, payment dates and comparison period. After that, should the deciding measure be APR, the cost over the years I expect to keep the mortgage, or the monthly payment? I also want to compare early-repayment terms and portability, since an expensive restriction there may be harder to undo than a higher upfront fee.